Ms Bancroft, community pharmacist and Royal Pharmaceutical Society local pharmacy forum lead for north-west London, has been working on a joint project with Parkinson's UK to introduce a Parkinson's disease-specific MUR.
The MUR toolkit was originally tested on 32 Parkinson's patients in 2016, before being rolled out to 29 pharmacists "from all over the UK", Ms Bancroft told C+D.
Watch the video to find out:
- How the Parkinson's-specific MUR was created
- The accreditation pharmacists undertake to enable them to deliver the service
- The difference it made to one pharmacist, Christopher Glass, in his ability to perform an effective MUR
- How Mr Glass has been working with his local GP to help them review patients with Parkinson's disease
- The next steps for this project, including working with care homes and practice pharmacists.
View the full video below: