Following Public Health England's announcement last month (July 21) that everyone needs 10 micrograms of vitamin D a day, C+D spoke to dietitian Ms Rothband to separate the vitamin myths from reality.
In this C+D clinical podcast you will learn:
- What advice pharmacists should give about vitamin D
- The dangers of treating supplements as if they are "milkshakes"
- How to separate credible nutritional information from the "rubbish"
- Why folic acid is not routinely added to food
- The Department of Health recommendations for vitamin supplementation in children
- The risks of offering fat-soluble vitamins to pregnant women.
Last year, over 2,500 pharmacy professionals fulfilled their CPD through Update Plus. Find out more at Update Plus.
Want to read more?
Subscribe to Update Plus to continue reading our CPD content
Got an Update Plus subscription?Log in here
Why Buy Update Plus
In-depth clinical modules with a bespoke CPD write-up
Pharmacy-based clinical scenarios ask "what would you do?" and provide expert advise
Top up your clinical and practical knowledge on-the-go with our downloadable podcasts
Use of interactive picture quiz to refresh your knowledge of various conditions
Not subscribed yet?Buy Update Plus today