Following Public Health England's announcement last month (July 21) that everyone needs 10 micrograms of vitamin D a day, C+D spoke to dietitian Ms Rothband to separate the vitamin myths from reality.
In this C+D clinical podcast you will learn:
- What advice pharmacists should give about vitamin D
- The dangers of treating supplements as if they are "milkshakes"
- How to separate credible nutritional information from the "rubbish"
- Why folic acid is not routinely added to food
- The Department of Health recommendations for vitamin supplementation in children
- The risks of offering fat-soluble vitamins to pregnant women.
Last year, over 2,500 pharmacy professionals fulfilled their CPD through Update Plus. Find out more at Update Plus.