Four-year-old Eloise Rudman is a regular visitor to the pharmacy as she has had eczema on and off since birth. She is brough in by mum Claire with a prescription following a visit to a hospital consultant. A recent flare-up of her eczema because of an underlying infection has led to a prescription for the following:
- Flucloxacillin 125mg/5mL oral solution 5mL qds
- Eumovate ointment 100g - to be used once daily for two weeks only, which should be applied to the flexures
- Hydrocortisone ointment 1% - to be used twice daily after the Eumovate ointment has been stopped
- Epaderm ointment - to be used as a soap substitute
- Epaderm cream - to be used as emollient regularly
- Doublebase shower.
Claire tells pharmacist Linda that she is worried she has not been using