For this podcast, editor James Waldron spoke to Ade Williams, superintendent of the multi-C+D Award winning Bedminster Pharmacy in Bristol, to discuss the benefits of delivering services in the community.
The Bedminster team have gained a national reputation for their services, including partnering with a local church to promote health and wellbeing, and their ‘pulse in the pub’ initiative, which saw the team venture into drinking spots in their neighbourhood to monitor the clientele’s blood pressure.
Listen to the episode below to find out:
- Why Mr Williams first decided to reach out into the Bedminster community
- How to tailor a service to match your area
- How to make these services viable for an independent pharmacy
- The different metrics Mr Williams uses to define whether a community service has been successful
- How to connect with hard-to-reach patients.
You can listen to the podcast below. Alternatively, subscribe to C+D's podcasts on iTunes or by searching 'Chemist+Druggist podcast' on your preferred android podcast app.