Most people only sell a business once, and it is likely to be the biggest financial transaction they undertake. In spite of this, some pharmacy contractors insufficiently prepare for the sale.
Have your figures to hand
If you are unable to provide financial information to your potential buyers on a timely basis, they may lose interest and think there is something wrong with the pharmacy.
The following check-list is the minimum you should have available for potential purchasers when your business is put on the market:
• up-to-date accounts for the last three years
• NHS statements for the last 24 months
• a summary of monthly counter trade for the last 12 months
• copies of VAT returns for the last 12 months
• a copy of the premises lease (if