With a plethora of roles available to pharmacists, many are taking the time to consider their career options. C+D clinical editor Kristoffer Stewart spoke to Aamer Safdar – Royal Pharmaceutical Society (RPS) English pharmacy board member and principal pharmacist lead for education and development at Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS foundation trust – to find out how pharmacists can make the most of their current role, and what those considering making a move should consider.
In this podcast we discuss:
- Why some people might consider a career change
- What you need to consider before making a move
- How you can get experience in different roles
- What to do if you are unsuccessful in a job application
- How the “100-day rule” can help you decide if a new role is right for you
- How you can make most of your current role if you don't want to change career.
Listen to the podcast in full below:
You can subscribe to all of C+D's podcasts on iTunes by clicking here or by searching 'Chemist+Druggist podcast' on your preferred android podcast app.