Since primary care networks (PCNs) – networks of GP surgeries covering around 30,000-50,000 patients – launched in June, they have been a hot topic in community pharmacy. C+D caught up with Dr Watson at a King’s Fund event in London last month, following his appearnce on a panel discussing PCNs, to find out more about the role the sector could play.
In 2018, Dr Watson independently chaired the Department of Health and Social Care’s review of GP partnerships. He is also chief executive of Wessex local medical committee.
Listen to the podcast to find out more about:
- Which pharmacies will find it easier to build relationships with PCNs?
- Where will all these new PCN pharmacists come from?
- How will PCNs develop?
- What is the ‘holy grail’ of PCN collaboration?
- Which pharmacist skills are PCNs hoping to make use of?
- How could community pharmacists and PCN pharmacists work together?
You can listen to the podcast below. Alternatively, subscribe to all of C+D's podcasts on iTunes or by searching 'Chemist+Druggist podcast' on your preferred android podcast app.