The series of seminars – which launched in Preston yesterday (April 25) – “outline how pharmacists can recognise and rule out sleep disorders, as well as identify the cause of sleep issues and the impact on physical and mental health”, Perrigo said.
The events also cover how the relationship between sleep, pain and mental health affects treatment choices, the manufacturer added.
Perrigo training manager Lynette Roberts said: “Many people find their sleep problem unaddressed due to lack of knowledge, fear, and misunderstandings about sleep treatments.”
“Our national seminar programme aims to help pharmacy staff learn more about sleep deprivation, treatments and advice in a practical, fun and entertaining way,” she added.
Perrigo will offer bonus workshops at the sessions on how pharmacies can find more time for additional services “that can benefit patients’ health and drive pharmacy profits”, the manufacturer said.
All seminars offer a hot buffet and run from 6.30–9pm or 9.30pm (depending on location).
When and where are the upcoming seminars?
- May 1, Preston: Barton Grange Hotel, 746-768 Garstang Road, Barton, PR3 5AA
- May 2, Birmingham: Birmingham City Football Club, St Andrew's Stadium, B9 4RL
- May 3, Manchester: Emirates Old Trafford, Lancashire County Cricket Club, Talbot Road, M16 0PX
- May 8, Leicester: Leicester Marriott Hotel, Smith Way, Grove Park, Enderby, LE19 1SW
- May 9, Edgware: The VIP Lounge, 47 High Street, HA8 7DD
- May 10, Ilford: Kanchans Restaurant, 53-55 Perth Road, Gants Hill, IG2 6BX
- May 14, Croydon: Hilton Croydon, 101 Waddon Way, Purley Way, CR9 4HH
- May 15, Liverpool: Liverpool Football Club, Anfield Road, L4 0TH
For more information or to register for the seminars, contact 0800 133 7141 or email [email protected]