We want to hear your views, but please express them in the spirit of a constructive, professional debate. Some of the things this means are outlined below.
3 guiding principles
1. Be accurate, where they state things as facts
2. Be genuinely held, where they state beliefs or opinions
3. Comply with the law
19 things we won't tolerate
1. Defamation, slander or libel
2. The promotion of violence
3. The promotion of religious hatred
4. The promotion of racial hatred
5. The promotion of or engagement in illegal activity
6. Discrimination (for example, but not limited to, race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, age)
7. Threatening or victimising behaviour
8. Harassment or abuse
9. Invasion of privacy
10. Material that breaches the rights of others (for example, copyright)
11. Obscene, sexually explicit or otherwise offensive material
12. Impersonation of others
13. Misrepresentation (of the user's affiliation with another person or organisation, for example)
14. The needless upset or embarrassment of others
15. Personal attacks
16. Comments that are not related to or don't add value to the contextual article or debate
17. Trolling (posting with the intention simply to provoke a reaction rather than to add value to a debate)
18. Blatant promotion for commercial purposes and/or of no value to the contextual article or debate
19. Spamming (posting the same or very similar material in multiple comments)
Think before you post
By all means post to challenge, to dissent and to amuse. C+D provides the facility for users to comment with the aim of fostering a professional community in which its users can share views and best practice as well as robust debate. Humour, freedom of expression and a light-hearted approach are all within the spirit of this community. Childish, boorish, rude or unprofessional behaviour that discourages others from contributing is not.
We value the vast majority of reader comments that are mature, considerate and add value to the C+D community. Thank you for continuing to make this a place for intelligent discussion and debate.
You must be a registered user of chemistanddruggist.co.uk and be logged in to post comments.
Why we need these principles and what they mean
If we believe a comment breaks one of the Community principles, we may remove or edit it as we deem appropriate (see Removal and editing, below). The Community principles are non-exhaustive and the editing and removal of comments remains at our discretion. Users who repeatedly post comments that are edited or removed may have their site registration suspended or terminated (see Suspension and termination, below).
If you believe a comment posted by another user breaks one of the above rules or is otherwise inappropriate, please follow the Notification procedure below
The comment facility allows users to post directly to the site - comments are not moderated and do not necessarily reflect the views of C+D or any of its employees or authors. We accept no responsibility, legal or otherwise, for comments posted by users; the responsibility and any liability remains with the user posting the comment.
If you believe a comment posted by another user breaks one of the above principles or is otherwise inappropriate, please email email@example.com, with the subject line 'Notification' immediately.
Including the following information will enable us to deal with your notification more promptly:
- the name of the user who has posted the comment
- the date and time of the post
- the headline of the article on which the post appears
- a link to the article on which the post appears
- the reason for your notification (the nature of your concern).
We will review your notification as soon as we are able, in any case within two working days. We may contact you for further information about your notification when necessary. If we deem the post in question to be inappropriate, we will remove it from the site or edit it at our discretion (see Removal and editing, below). This may result in the suspension or termination of the user (see Suspension and termination, below). Accordingly, we may contact the user with information about or a copy of your notification (although will never include your name or contact details).
We will respond to your notification to let you know what action, if any, we have taken as a result.
Timely and appropriate notifications are essential to the smooth running of C+D's community in the spirit in which it is facilitated – thank you to all users who provide them
Removal and editing
If we are notified of a comment (see Notification, above) and subsequently deem it to break the Community principles (above) or to be otherwise inappropriate, we will remove it from the site or edit it at our discretion. We will leave a note in place of the comment stating that we have removed or edited, as appropriate, the comment for a breach of the Community principles.
The removal or editing of posts is at our discretion, but we may sometimes contact a user to explain why their post(s) has/have been edited or removed.
Suspension and termination
We will contact offenders who repeatedly post comments that have to be edited or removed. This is considered a 'written warning'; continued breaches of the Community rules may result in the immediate suspension or termination of the user's registration with the site.
How we might use your comments
Comments are considered in the public domain and may be used in future Chemist+Druggist coverage.
The C+D website and, in particular, the facility for users to contribute to it by posting comments, aims to foster a professional community in which its users can share informed and informative views. Thank you to all readers who contribute to our community in that spirit.