GPhC pre-reg exam: congratulations you passed, what next?
As pre-registration trainees receive their GPhC exam results today (July 27), C+D asks how should those who passed prepare for life as a pharmacist?
C+D clinical editor Kristoffer Stewart spoke to Simon Harris, head of education and training at Green Light Campus – the training arm of Green Light Pharmacy – to discuss what steps pre-reg or newly qualified pharmacists should take now that they've been successful in their registration exam.
From this podcast you will find out about:
- The steps to take if you are considering working in a different pharmacy sector
- How to get appropriate indemnity insurance
- The training and accreditation you need to deliver advanced pharmacy services
- How newly qualified pharmacists can cope with the responsibility of becoming a pharmacist
- The role of the tutor now that their pre-reg has qualified
- How the Royal Pharmaceutical Society can help newly qualified pharmacists develop.
You can listen to the podcast in full below. Alternatively, subscribe to all of C+D's podcasts on iTunes or by searching 'Chemist+Druggist podcast' on your preferred android podcast app.
If you require advice or support after receiving your pre-registration assessment result, visit the Pharmacist Support website.
For more on pharmacy careers, why not consider attending one of C+D’s careers events this September in either London or Bradford. Find out more and book your free place here.
Information about joining the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC) pharmacy register can be found on the pre-registration manual on the GPhC website.