Cohens buys 8 Lloydspharmacy branches for undisclosed sum
Cohens has bought eight Lloydspharmacies across England and Wales, C+D has learned.
Four of the Cohens acquisitions – in Royal Wootton Basset, Hereford, Hampshire and County Durham – confirmed to C+D that last Friday (March 31) was the last day they traded under the Lloydspharmacy name.
Lloydspharmacy's central development manager Alex Davis said the multiple is "constantly reviewing our estate and making decisions about buying and selling pharmacies".
A spokesperson for the multiple told C+D it would be up to Cohens to decide on whether all staff at the branches would be retained.
The multiple could not comment on how much the pharmacies had been bought for.
Cohens – which owned more 180 branches across the UK before the latest acquisition from Lloydspharmacy – has not responded to C+D's request for comment.
Where are the eight pharmacies?
- Heaton Norris, Stockport, Cheshire
- Royal Wootton Bassett, Swindon, Wiltshire
- Robin Hood Lane, Hatfield, Hertfordshire
- Elstree Way, Swindon, Wiltshire
- Kinmel Bay, Rhyl, Wales
- Kent Avenue, Ross-on-Wye, Hereford
- Essex Road, Basingstoke, Hampshire
- Bridge End, Chester-le-Street, County Durham