As pharmacy teams struggle to cope under severe strain in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, it is important to ensure they are taking care of their mental and physical health.
In C+D’s latest podcast, clinical editor Naimah Callachand spoke to Asha Fowells – pharmacist, freelance writer, and former clinical editor for C+D. Ms Fowells discusses practices that can be incorporated into daily routine to look after our mental health, and the importance of maintaining a good diet and exercising during periods of isolation.
You can listen to the podcast below. Alternatively, subscribe to C+D's podcasts on iTunes or by searching “Chemist+Druggist podcast” on your preferred Android podcast app.
Please note, the sound quality of this podcast may be affected as it has been recorded remotely during the COVID-19 outbreak
You can also read our article 'Looking after your mental health during the COVID-19 pandemic' for more advice.
- Pharmacist Support: support for pharmacists and their families
- British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy advice on managing anxiety induced by COVID-19
- Mental Health Foundation: random acts of kindness for others
- Mind: information about the impact of food on mood
- Mental Health UK blog post on juggling working from home with home schooling, including helping your kids in ways that aren’t academic
- Calm app: meditation and relaxation exercises
- NHS UK: resources for mental health and wellbeing
- Every Mind Matters: Tips for looking after your mental health during the COVID-19 outbreak
Diet and exercise
- British Dietetic Association: information on healthy eating during Covid-19 pandemic
- NHS stretch and flex exercise plan
- NHS sitting exercises
- Joe Wicks exercise: routines for adults and children
- Fitness Blender: free workouts
Employment and learning
- Gov.uk: advice for employees
- MoneySuperMarket: information on managing household finances during COVID-19
- FutureLearn: free online courses
- LinkedIn learning: free online courses
Advice for vulnerable groups