From this pharmacy CPD module on viral hepatitis you will learn:
- What can cause liver disease
- The different types of hepatitis that exist and how they are diagnosed and treated
- Who is susceptible to the various types of hepatitis
- The pharmacist's role in helping patients manage their hepatitis
Download the module - this includes the 5-minute test here.
Liver disease is the fifth leading cause of death in the UK, killing more people than road deaths and diabetes combined. It is estimated that at any one time, there are around two million people with a liver problem.
Liver disease can be the result of:
- drug-use (illicit or prescribed)
- alcohol use
- lifestyle factors
Signs and symptoms of liver disease occur at various stages. Some occur at the acute stage, while others do not appear
Want to read more?
Subscribe to Update Plus to continue reading our CPD content
Got an Update Plus subscription?Log in here
Why Buy Update Plus
In-depth clinical modules with a bespoke CPD write-up
Pharmacy-based clinical scenarios ask "what would you do?" and provide expert advise
Top up your clinical and practical knowledge on-the-go with our downloadable podcasts
Use of interactive picture quiz to refresh your knowledge of various conditions
Not subscribed yet?Buy Update Plus today