Vote now for these 10 stories of pharmacists and pharmacy staff going ‘above and beyond’
C+D readers can now choose their favourite story of a pharmacy professional or team going the extra mile for their patients and the sector.
For the fourth year running, the C+D Above and Beyond Award gives readers a chance to vote for their winner themselves, celebrating pharmacists and pharmacy staff going “above and beyond” for their patients, their team and for the sector.
Readers have until Friday, October 22 to vote for one of the 10 stories listed below.
You can even vote for your favourite inspirational story live at the Pharmacy Show in Birmingham this weekend (October 17-18). Come and visit C+D at stand B25 or at the Professional Development & Careers Theatre (T7) to catch up with the entries and cast your vote.
The winner will be announced at the C+D Awards ceremony in London on November 19.
- The pharmacist who raised £135k to help persecuted Rohingya Muslims
- The pharmacy technician whose positivity kept her team going during the COVID-19 pandemic
- The pharmacy team who helped a suicidal patient
- The local authority pharmacist ‘myth-busting’ COVID-19 misinformation
- The delivery and collection drivers who went the extra mile during the COVID-19 pandemic
- The pharmacist who helped school children with their mental health and wellbeing
- The LPC that supported 600 pharmacy teams to secure PQS funding
- The pharmacist who inspired a newly qualified pharmacist to go for her dream job
- The pharmacist and community police officer who supported a vulnerable patient
- The pharmacy technician who prevented a patient from self-harming
Last year’s Above and Beyond Award was won by pharmacist Shabbir Mellick, who also features on this year’s shortlist. He was praised by readers for outreach work he had done around mental health issues in homeless people in south London, including talks and workshops at which he also handed out essentials such as hand wipes, dental floss, deodorant and rehydration salts.
Due to COVID-19, the 2020 C+D Awards ceremony was held virtually, but this year, it returns to an in-person event.
Book your tickets to join us as we pay tribute to pharmacy professionals at the InterContinental O2 Hotel in London on November 19.